Well.
Last time I updated my blog, we had not been able to edit!
Now, we have a finished film.
The last few stages we went through are here for you:
First of all, we started to edit the footage we had made. Unfortunately, we have to to the editing on Windows Movie Maker, as I said before, because Adobe Premiere Elements was playing up.
However, even though we had to use a different program to edit, it was still do- able. We started out just doing one scene a day- this wasn't working out very well at all. We needed to finish it! So we then had to do longer hours in order to try and finish it, and managed to get all but two scenes done!
The first scene we couldn't finish was the scene all about Kayser Bondor. The scene wouldn't save properly, and so we couldn't import it with the rest of our scenes to try and put the film together! After around two weeks of attempting to save it, and having to re-do it a number of times, we finally did it! The scene was really long and involved a lot of attention, and us having to repeatedly do it over and over again was quite draining, as I'm sure you can imagine. However, that escapade is now behind us, and we shall not ponder over the stress we experienced. :)
The second scene we were unable to finish was the scuba diver outside Tesco's scene. This was because we hadn't actually filmed it! We had struggled to find a Sunday where we were all free for a long time, and it was starting to look like we would miss the deadline. However, on the 6th of December, we could finally film it! It was so funny, me walking up to Tesco's in a scuba diving suit and standing there saying some funny lines! We got a few stares, but it was worth it - the scene is exactly what we wanted! That was one funny day!
It didn't take us very long at all to edit the scene, because there isn't much ordering to do with it, the scene flowed well during filming.
The other scene we did on the 6th of December was a very short one. All Gemma had to do was introduce her meeting with Margaret Brown, so that the viewers knew what was coming, because in editing we found that it didn't flow very well, us going from one situation into another with an interviewee without any kind of introduction.
Last Tuesday, we spent the day sorting out our folders, and making sure we had everything we needed, and this week, we have done the same. I have done some evaluations and worked really hard on my book, to make sure it is completed by the end of the week, ready to go off to the examiners!
It has been a tremendous journey, making the documentary. I read my beginning entries and I see back to where it all began! Where our ideas were developing, and when we first began to film. What memories! The ups and downs and different emotions are all displayed in these blogs - it's quite funny to read back and see how I reacted about certain situations and what I'd written down to accompany them. I've really enjoyed filming and creating my very own documentary with the team; Gemma and Rosie!
I hope you have enjoyed the journey along with me as much as I have!
Thank you for following me!
Antonia xx
Last time I updated my blog, we had not been able to edit!
Now, we have a finished film.
The last few stages we went through are here for you:
First of all, we started to edit the footage we had made. Unfortunately, we have to to the editing on Windows Movie Maker, as I said before, because Adobe Premiere Elements was playing up.
However, even though we had to use a different program to edit, it was still do- able. We started out just doing one scene a day- this wasn't working out very well at all. We needed to finish it! So we then had to do longer hours in order to try and finish it, and managed to get all but two scenes done!
The first scene we couldn't finish was the scene all about Kayser Bondor. The scene wouldn't save properly, and so we couldn't import it with the rest of our scenes to try and put the film together! After around two weeks of attempting to save it, and having to re-do it a number of times, we finally did it! The scene was really long and involved a lot of attention, and us having to repeatedly do it over and over again was quite draining, as I'm sure you can imagine. However, that escapade is now behind us, and we shall not ponder over the stress we experienced. :)
The second scene we were unable to finish was the scuba diver outside Tesco's scene. This was because we hadn't actually filmed it! We had struggled to find a Sunday where we were all free for a long time, and it was starting to look like we would miss the deadline. However, on the 6th of December, we could finally film it! It was so funny, me walking up to Tesco's in a scuba diving suit and standing there saying some funny lines! We got a few stares, but it was worth it - the scene is exactly what we wanted! That was one funny day!
It didn't take us very long at all to edit the scene, because there isn't much ordering to do with it, the scene flowed well during filming.
The other scene we did on the 6th of December was a very short one. All Gemma had to do was introduce her meeting with Margaret Brown, so that the viewers knew what was coming, because in editing we found that it didn't flow very well, us going from one situation into another with an interviewee without any kind of introduction.
Last Tuesday, we spent the day sorting out our folders, and making sure we had everything we needed, and this week, we have done the same. I have done some evaluations and worked really hard on my book, to make sure it is completed by the end of the week, ready to go off to the examiners!
It has been a tremendous journey, making the documentary. I read my beginning entries and I see back to where it all began! Where our ideas were developing, and when we first began to film. What memories! The ups and downs and different emotions are all displayed in these blogs - it's quite funny to read back and see how I reacted about certain situations and what I'd written down to accompany them. I've really enjoyed filming and creating my very own documentary with the team; Gemma and Rosie!
I hope you have enjoyed the journey along with me as much as I have!
Thank you for following me!
Antonia xx

No comments:
Post a Comment